Sunday 5 May 2013

Icona Pop

We did a blog on Swedish duo Icona Pop last year as we loved the 'Nights Like This' song. We also liked their quirky androgynous fashion flirtations. Things went a bit quiet after that.

What a difference a song makes! 'I Love It' was released a year ago but exploded when featured on TV in Girls in January. They appeared on Jimmy Fallon this week to promote the smash hit.


'I got this feeling on the summer day when you were gone.
I crashed my car into the bridge. I watched, I let it burn.
I threw your s**t into a bag and pushed it down the stairs.
I crashed my car into the bridge.
I don't care, I love it. I don't care'.


Feisty lyrics in this anthem.
'You're from the 70s but I'm a 90s bitch'.
 
Icona Pop members are Aino Jawa and Caroline Hjelt who formed the group in 2009. 
Fab hairstyles are an Icona flavour.
Teen Vogue style.

Your Majesties!
For LadyGunn magazine.
Nice shot of Aino.


Listen to 'Good For You'. Banger!

image

Their first album came out last November with a new one due later this year.

Gig stylee. How they do it live.

Betcha 'We Got The World' live is amazeballs.


Finally
All smiles as Icona Pop prepare for world domination!

Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment