Monday 12 November 2012

Kate Moss for Vanity Fair

Kate Moss is approaching 25 years as a world class model. Kate was spotted aged 14 in JFK Airport by Sarah Douglas, founder of Storm modelling agency. Here are some of the highlights from James Fox's brilliant Vanity Fair interview.
Kate is the only 90s supermodel still going strong full time at modelling. Last year she earned $9 million, only Gisele Bundchen exceeded this.
She can earn up to $400,000 a day's shoot. Aged 15 she auditioned for John Galliano. "She is the only real muse I've ever had."
On pressure to go nude at 16 "If you don't do it, then we're not going to book you again. So I'd lock myself in the toilet and cry and then come out and do it."
"I had a nervous breakdown when I was 17 or 18 when I had to go to work with Marky Mark and Herb Ritts. I felt really bad about straddling this buff guy"
After attending one audition with her, Kate's mum told her she would have to travel by herself from now on. "I was always on my own, and I think that probably made me very vulnerable"
On life after Johnny Depp who she trusted immensely for advice "I really lost that gauge of somebody I could trust. Nightmare. Years and years of crying. There's nobody that's ever been able to take care of me."
On adapting clothes "I cut up loads. I always want everything shorter, shorter, shorter. I got Fifi our personal assistant to cut a £40,000 coat once."
For Mango
On needing a narrative to truly model a dress "Who am I? What do I do? I need a character."

Anna Wintour "The thing about Kate- and I think it's part of her longevity- she's actually quite an elusive girl. There's something quite hidden about her."
AW "I can't emphasise enough what a truly great model she is."



"There are a lot of girls around that are really cool, Alice Dellal and Lara Stone, Georgia May, she's so cute."


Kate was googling men when she spotted Jamie Hince " 'Ooh, I like the look of him'. A friend then set us up. He turned up and we spent like, the next four days together."
With Lila for Vogue.

Finally

These pics from V magazine were not supposed to be out until next March but got leaked by some spoilsport.
They are too good to ignore though.

Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment