Sunday 29 July 2012

Lianne La Havas

Take a lot of soul, add in some folk, a good heart, a sunny disposition then top it all with a stunning voice and heartfelt lyrics and you have Lianne La Havas.

We got into Lianne thanks to a lovely gig review by the ever influential blogger Cool on Demand. Debut single 'Lost and Found' is our favourite Lianne song.

Lianne's Style
Lianne described her style this week in a great interview on Essence.com "I like kind of mixing boyish things with really feminine things. So I love a buttoned up shirt." 


This picture is from 1883 magazine. Good interview in there too.

"I like collars in general, I just think they are very strong"




Most of Lianne's songs are based on personal experience.Lots of fashion eye candy in "Forget" 

"On stage I like stuff with big shoulders"


Her wow Jools Holland appearance lead to a tour with Bon Iver.







With her guitar/friend "Connie"
Looking 'bang tidy' with Holly Willoughbooby."
Holly Willoughby (L-R) Lianne La Havas and Holly Willoughby pictured at House Festival, Chiswick House & Gardens on July 5, 2012 in London, England. The festival from the Soho House Group supports The Chiswick House & Gardens Trust and WarChild.

"I'm really into pastel and multi-coloured garments and fun quirky pieces"
She love's shopping for vintage clothes and especially likes the Beyond Retro store in London.







"I love Diane Keaton's style in Annie Hall, but I'd like to think my own style is like a cross between Annie Hall and Prince"







Twitter pics
Lianne 'preparing' for her BBC Breakfast interview
A onesie on a newsreader would be refreshing!
The finished article.
"Hi. I'd like to enter the postcode lottery please"

Going all out at the Brits


Finally
Her album has many highlights and is lyrically brilliant.We're excited to have tickets to see her in October.
We heart you too Lianne.


Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment